Tyre Safety Parliamentary Breakfast Briefing
The Tyre Safety Breakfast Briefing held on 5th November was a joint event from PACTS, TyreSafe and the Tyre Industry Federation discussing the impacts and implications of tyre safety for road safety, traffic delays and the environment, affecting drivers, consumers, highways authorities, emergency services, local authorities and others.
The events was hosted and chaired by former Transport Minister and PACTS Co-chair Jim Fitzpatrick MP, with presentations from Stuart Jackson, Chairman of Tyre Safe and Graham Willson, Secretary of the Tyre industry Federation. Shadow Transport Minister Richard Burden MP gave the keynote response and a panel discussion and Q&A session involving representatives from the Highways Agency, Fire & Rescue Services and the Institute of Traffic Accident Investigators completed the briefing.
Presentations from the event are now available below:
- Stuart Jackson, TyreSafe, ‘Tyre Safety: The Case for Action’
- Graham Willson, Tyre Industry Federation, ‘Raising Standards in the Tyre Industry’
- Highways Agency, Tyre Related Incidents Problem Profile
- Highways Agency: Tyre Safety Briefing
- Richard Burden MP, Shadow Minister for Transport: Keynote Response