Salford University- The Future of Road Safety 2015
Salford university is holding a conference, The Future of Road Safety 2015, on 24th June at Salford University, Manchester. Speakers will include PACTS Director David Davies, Emeritus Professor Stephen Stradling – Transport Research Institute, Edinburgh Napier University and Stuart Lovatt – Safety Action Plan Coordinator, Highways Agency.
The conference will give those present the opportunity to discuss and debate the latest strategies and initiatives for improving road safety across the UK. Delegates will examine key plans for road safety and will hear a number of different perspectives and best practice case studies as to how this can be achieved.
Topics discussed will include:
- The Government’s vision for improving road safety in the UK
- Creating a safer road network across the UK
- Ensuring road users are able to use the roads safely and efficiently
- Improving safety for motorcycle riders
- Working in partnership with local authorities, police and schools to increase the standard of local road safety through education and awareness
- Reducing the number of Road Casualties on UK Roads
- Tackling drink and drug driving and other dangerous behaviours
- Enhancing the standard of road safety in urban areas
- Advancing road safety through systems and technology
- Improving the road safety behaviours of the UK’s young drivers
- Striving for improvements in occupational road safety management
- Promoting the exchange of information on new initiatives and best practice across the public sector
3 discount places to the event (£99 each plus VAT) are currently available – please contact the PACTS office for details.