AIRSO National Conferences in August 2017
Details of the forthcoming AIRSO National Conferences in August 2017 are now available below
Academic Road Safety Conference booking form 2017 – Tuesday 29th August 2017, Jurys Inn (Hinckley), Leicestershire
Chairman – Dr Lucy Rackliff, Aston University
The aim of the conference is to build a community around academic road safety research, regardless of the methodological approach taken, or the discipline from which researchers come. It is hoped that this could help to build collaborations and partnerships, to identify and successfully bid for research funding, and facilitate an exchange of ideas, with the ultimate aim of improving safety on the roads. In order to begin to build a picture of the work currently being done in universities, we are keen to encourage as many researchers as possible to consider presenting their work.
The National Blue Light User’s Conference – Wednesday 30th and Thursday 31st August 2017, Jurys Inn (Hinckley), Leicestershire
The National Blue Light User’s Conference is designed for anyone who manages or trains drivers who, during the course of their work drive emergency vehicles. This can be for the public, private or voluntary sector.
The National Blue Light Conference will include a varied programme. It will explore the relevant issues within the industry from a range of areas integral to managing the risks associated with work-related
- Chief Constable Anthony Bangham – NPCC Lead for Roads Policing
- Merseyside Police – Collision Investigation
- Principles of Underwriting
- So Collisions are always the public’s fault?
- The Changing face of the Emergency Services through Collaborative Working
- Roadcraft e-learning platform
- The Honest Truth
- An innovative approach to collaborative working
- Collision Investigation and interactive workshops
- MIND: Blue Light Programme.
The National Fleet Conference – Thursday 31st August 2017, Jurys Inn (Hinckley), Leicestershire
The National Fleet Conference is designed to benefit those already engaged in training beyond that of licence acquisition or within Fleet and Driver management- whether that is working as an independent provider or employed as in-house assessor or trainer. This years’ conference organiser, Alan Prosser, is basing the event on a structure that lends itself to a logical process to risk management for those delegates attending, and give them some food for thought going forward.
Speakers from a range of areas integral to managing the risks associated with work-related journeys are lined up to make this an informative and exciting conference not to be missed.
Presentations are planned to cover:
- A professional trainers’ perspective – Opportunities and best practice
- Driver risk profiling – how it works, and the benefits
- Behavioural change telematics
- The implications of future vehicle technology on the insurance industry
- Managing risks in the fleet market
- ‘The last mile’ – future opportunities?
The National Motorcycle Conference – Wednesday 30th August 2017, Jurys Inn (Hinckley), Leicestershire
The National Motorcycle conference is for all those who have an interest and practical involvement in education training and the development of initiatives to make motor cycling a safer mode of transport and to further the aim of reducing road casualties amongst motorcyclists.
A varied programme exploring the relevant issues within the industry.
- Kevin Wilcox, Staffordshire Council Road Safety (Conference Chair)
- ACC Nick Adderley, Staffordshire Police and ACPO Lead on Motorcycling
- Glen Dennis, National Bikesafe
- Tanya Fosdick, Road Safety Analysis
- James Evans, First car
- Katharine Wilson-Ellis, Highways England
- Andy Mayo, Institute of Highway Engineers
- Lembit Opik, Motorcycle Action Group
- Liz Brooker, Lewisham Council
If you would like more information please contact email@example.com. The final booking deadline for both Conferences is Friday 11th August 2017. No bookings will be taken after this date.
See also the AIRSO website: http://www.airso.org.uk/