Roads minister and regulators to give evidence to Transport Safety Commission, Thursday 20th November
The Transport Safety Commission will hold the final evidence session in its inquiry UK Transport Safety: who is responsible? on 20th November, 1-3pm in Thatcher Room, Portcullis House, Westminster. Witnesses include Road Safety Minister, Robert Goodwill MP; former road safety minister David Jamieson (now West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner); and senior representatives from the ORR, HSE and CAA.
The Commission will inquire ask about transport safety regulation, policy and practice.
Panel 1- Safety Regulators and Policing Policy (1-2 pm):
- David Jamieson, West Midlands Police & Crime Commissioner
- Kevin Myers, Acting Chief Executive, Health & Safety Executive
- Ian Prosser, Director for Railway Safety, Office of Rail Regulation
- Mark Swan, Director of Safety & Airspace Regulation Group, Civil Aviation Authority
Panel 2- Road Safety Minister (2-3 pm):
- Robert Goodwill MP, Under Secretary of State for Transport
The public is welcome to attend. Entry is via Embankment. Allow around 20 minutes for security checks. Thatcher Room is on the First Floor.