- News & Publications
- Transport Safety Commission
Claire Perry MP was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Transport on 15 July 2014. She has been the Conservative Member of Parliament for Devizes since 2010.
Claire was educated at Nailsea Comprehensive School, Oxford University, and Harvard Business School where she received a MBA.
In 2007 Claire worked an adviser to George Osborne before being elected as the MP for the Devizes constituency in central Wiltshire in May 2010. Highlights of her political career include:
- member of the Justice Select Committee from 2010 to 2011
- Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Secretary of State for Defence, from 2011 to 2013
- Special Advisor to the Prime Minister on preventing the sexualisation and commercialisation of children
- Government Whip in 2013 and in 2014
Career outside politics
Claire worked for Bank of America, McKinsey and Company, and Credit Suisse before starting her own small business offering online financial advice to women.
Claire has 3 children.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Transport
The minister is responsible for:
- rail franchising
- rail commercial
- rail fares
- rail major projects (including Crossrail)
- freight and logistics
- transport agencies
- corporate and better regulation