On November 23, PACTS joins forces with the Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers to undertake a closer look at whether and how we tackle climate change and continue to cut casualties on the roads. Cutting transport emissions and road casualties are policy objectives that should complement each other. Speakers at this half-day event will seek to identify how this can be done.
Speakers on the programme include
• Julian Hill, Loughborough University
• Duncan Forester, Volvo Cars UK
• Oliver Carsten, Leeds University
• Timo Thornton, Speed Check Services
• Ian Yarnold, Department for Transport
• Greg Archer, Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership
Full details of the event can be found at the IMechE website: http://www.imeche.org. The event is taking place at One Birdcage Walk, starting at 1pm and finishing with a drinks reception at 5.30pm.